THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
1. The Richmond Vein Center may use and disclosure protected health information for treatment, payment and healthcare operations. Examples of these include, but are not limited to, requested preschool, life insurance or sports physicals, referral to nursing homes, foster care homes, home health agencies and/or referral to other providers for treatment. Payment examples include, but are not limited to, insurance companies for claims including coordination of benefits with other insurers; collection agencies. Healthcare operations include, but are not limited to, internal quality control and assurance including auditing of records.
2. The Richmond Vein Center is permitted or required to use or disclose protected health information without the individuals’ written consent or authorization in certain circumstances. Two examples of such are for public health requirements or court orders.
3. The Richmond Vein Center will not make any other use or disclosure of a patient’s protected health information without the individual’s written authorization. Such authorization may be revoked at any time. Revocation must be written.
4. The Richmond Vein Center may at times contact the patient to provide appointment reminders or information regarding treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to the individual patient.
5. The Richmond Vein Center will abide by the terms of this notice or the notice currently in effect at the time of the disclosure.
6. The Richmond Vein Center reserves the right to change the terms of its notice and to make new notice provisions effective for all protected health information that it maintains.
7. The Richmond Vein Center will provide each patient with a copy of any revisions of its Notice of Information Practice at the time of their next visit, or at their last known address if there is a need to use or disclose any protected health information of the patient. Copies may also be obtained at any time at our offices.
8. Any person/patient may file a complaint to the Practice and to the Secretary of Health and Human Services if they believe their privacy rights have been violated. To file a complaint with the practice, please contact the Privacy Officer at the following address and or phone number 7702 E. Parham Road, Suite # 102, Richmond, Va. 23294. All complaints will be addressed and the results will be reported to the (Corporate Compliance Officer/Managing Physician/Board of Directors).
9. It is The Richmond Vein Center policy that no retaliatory action will be made against any individual who submits or conveys a complaint of suspected or actual non-compliance of the privacy standard.
Terms & Conditions
USING THIS SITE
Copyright and all intellectual property rights in the content of this site are vested in The Richmond Vein Center and reserved, unless indicated otherwise. The content of the site belongs to The Richmond Vein Center unless indicated otherwise. The content can be used subject to the following conditions:
- It is used for information purposes only.
- It is used for non-commercial purposes.
- Any copy of information must include a notice of The Richmond Vein Center copyright.
The content of this site is designed to provide general guidance on matters of interest and the services available from The Richmond Vein Center. The content of this site does not constitute professional advice. In preparing this site, every effort has been made to ensure the content is up to date and accurate.
However, law and regulations change continually and unintentional errors can occur and, therefore, the information may neither be up to date nor accurate. The Richmond Vein Center accepts no liability for any loss arising as a result of any action taken or refrained from as a result of information contained on this site or any other sites to which this site may be linked. Please contact The Richmond Vein Center for specific advice on any area of interest.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This site contains links to sites maintained by parties other than The Richmond Vein Center. These links are provided to increase the information available to you and The Richmond Vein Center accepts no responsibility in respect of the accuracy, timeliness or suitability of the information contained on those sites. The inclusion of a link to a third party site does not constitute an endorsement of that site by The Richmond Vein Center.
This section contains the information gathering and use policies adopted by The Richmond Vein Center in connection with this web site, as our commitment to maintaining the privacy of personal information collected. These policies are subject to change and any changes will be included within this section of the site.
The Richmond Vein Center is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party sites to which links are provided and you are advised to check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED WHEN I VISIT THE SITE?
- We do not require registration for access to the site.
- IP addresses of visitors are logged for administration and trouble shooting purposes. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet. IP addresses are not used to track your session and are not linked to anything personally identifiable. This information may be aggregated to provide statistical information about the users of our site. No individual user will be identifiable from such information that will be used to ensure the web site reflects the needs of users.
- Cookies are not used on this site. A cookie is a piece of software that is designed to improve a visitor’s navigational experience.
WHEN IS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SITE?
It will normally be clear when personal information is being collected. Personal information is generally collected for the following purposes;
- To enable the delivery of requested materials;
- To enable us to contact you when you request further information; or
- When you submit an on-line application form.
The information required will be the minimum to enable The Richmond Vein Center to deal with your request. Where additional information is requested, this will be marked and its provision is voluntary. Additional information is only requested to enable us to provide the most appropriate response to your request.
Sensitive information is not sought through the web site except where legally required as part of the recruitment process. Sensitive information includes data relating to: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or other similar beliefs; physical or mental health; sexual orientation or criminal record. Where you do provide sensitive information this will be accepted as explicit consent to use that information in connection with the purpose for which it has been provided.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION I PROVIDE USED?
Information provided is used only for the specific purpose for which it was provided except where you explicitly select to receive other information The Richmond Vein Center When requesting material or asking someone to contact you, there will be the option to receive other information that may be of interest.
The Richmond Vein Center does not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal information. When practically possible, if you inform The Richmond Vein Center that your personal data is no longer accurate, appropriate corrections will be made.
WILL YOU PROVIDE MY INFORMATION TO A THIRD PARTY?
Information is only provided to a third party where it is required to deal with your inquiry. There may be other circumstances where we are required to provide information as a result of legal process.
Information is not provided to third parties for their own marketing purposes and mailings are not undertaken by The Richmond Vein Center for third parties.
HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION?
Information is only kept for the period required for fulfilling your request or dealing with your job application.
IS MY INFORMATION SECURE?
Generally accepted standards of technology and operational security have been implemented to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. All partners and employees are required to keep personal information confidential and only authorized personnel have access to this information.
WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
The data controller collecting the information described in this statement is: The Richmond Vein Center.