- Wear compression stocking for first 48 hours (sleep in them). For the next 5 Days, wear only during daily activity.
- Return to normal activity immediately.
- No strenuous activities for 3 days (ex. heavy lifting).
- Ambulation instructions: 30 minutes daily for 7 days.
- Follow up venous ultrasound and appointment with Dr. Gould 2 Days after appointment.
- It is normal to experience some tenderness, possible bruising and “leak” watery fluid from the leg where local anesthesia was administered.
Clinical studies show that the VNUS® Closure® Procedure significantly improves patient’s symptoms of leg discomfort, swelling and pain in just 1-2 weeks after the procedure, with 90% of patients reporting durable relief from these symptoms. In fact, 98% of patients who have undergone the VNUS® Closure® Procedure are willing to recommend it to a friend or family member.
We instruct our patients to walk regularly for several days after the Closure procedure and return within 72 hours for an ultrasound examination. We prescribe compression stockings to be worn for several days or weeks after the procedure. Compression stockings are prescribed as a routine item for vein procedures with the goal of enhancing patient comfort in the initial days after treatment.